Please note we do not accept job applications for secretaries and other support staff through agencies
Client Relations Department Team Member – Salisbury
Hours – Full time
Normally 8.30am to 5.15pm
Working 2 Evening Surgeries 5pm – 7pm on a Tuesday, per month
The key purpose of this role is to take part in the smooth and efficient operation of reception services and sales and marketing within the Client Relations Department with an emphasis on excellent Client Care at all times.
You will be the face and voice of the Firm and the first impression that Clients have of Bonallack & Bishop.
The role is also integral in winning new clients and increasing instructions.
Summary of main job tasks and responsibilities
- Giving priority to clients and visitors, and giving the best possible first impression of the firm
- Taking part in the work of the team to ensure the smooth operation of reception services
- Taking part in the rota for Evening Surgery
- Ensuring that all communications to reception (calls, messages, faxes) are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner and are referred to the appropriate team/person
- Ensuring that DX and post are distributed in a timely manner and according to the firm’s procedures, and advising staff on postal options
- Taking part in liaison with the external messaging service and ensuring they are kept up to date with staff and service changes
- Monitoring recurring tasks and ensuring they are completed to a good standard (e.g. stationery ordering, updating legal reference books, banking, writing cheques, updating records and databases) as necessary
- Monitoring the reception area (including kitchen and client toilets) to ensure a safe, clean and welcoming environment at all times
- Contributing to best practice and changes to procedures to maximise efficiency of the team
- Working as part of the reception team carrying out day to day reception tasks
- Willing to be flexible and cover Reception in other offices (Amesbury & Andover) if required
- Other duties within the scope of the role as requested by the Practice Director/Reception Team Manager
- Prepare outgoing direct mail campaigns
- Ordering of marketing material
- Some telesales calls both inbound and outbound.
- General administrative duties
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- Sending marketing emails
- Administrative support to other areas of the business
- Experience of dealing with clients in a professional manner and ideally within a similarly regulated environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- A welcoming, friendly and approachable front of house presence is essential
- Excellent telephone manner (able to process calls quickly, effectively and accurately)
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT literate and able to use Microsoft office software and learn new applications quickly
- 35 wpm typing speed
- Able to organise and prioritise own and if necessary others’ workload to meet the firm’s needs
- Able to build good relationships with others and work cooperatively with them
- Calm and considered approach and able to work under pressure with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Conscientious and self-motivated with a responsible attitude
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ability to use own initiative to promote other parts of the firm where appropriate.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability
- Flexible and adaptable
- Professional appearance
- Willing to undertake any training required
- The ability to work effectively alongside your team mates
If you are interested, please submit your CV and covering letter to William Parsons firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Services Assistant
Hours: 9:00am to 5:15pm, Monday to Friday.
Location: Salisbury Office.
Pay: Minimum wage for age.
Holidays: 20 days pa, bank holidays and Christmas fixed leave.
This is a trainee role.
- Bright, personable and common sense/initiative.
- Ability to deal politely with clients and staff.
- Must be very flexible and willing.
- Must be reliable.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Typing skills.
- Must be willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Attention to detail.
- Educational standard at A-level minimum.
- Car driver with car and willingness to potentially cover other offices, but not essential.
Assisting with client services
- Meet and greet clients in a friendly manner
- Answer telephone and take messages.
- Cover evening surgery twice a month from 5:15pm to 7:00pm.
Administrative support services
- Open post and DX; allocate to fee-earners.
- Photocopying/filing/faxing/closing files.
- Updating legal references.
- Franking post and DX.
- Archiving files.
- Data entry for computerised records, i.e. Wills and Deeds.
Legal department support
- Work within legal teams during periods of absence cover.
- All training will be given as required.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Are you an experienced Solicitor or legal fee earner either in a niche area or with a client following, who is interested in working with an exciting and progressive firm – in one of our offices or on a virtual basis? We are always keen to talk to quality people who are looking for a firm to put their existing work through on a consultancy basis – or who are happy to work with us to develop new work and be paid on a fee-sharing basis.
Interested? Call Senior Partner Tim Bishop on 01722 422300 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Staff – Secretaries
We are actively recruiting to our bank of ‘temp’ secretaries.
We are particularly interested in secretaries who can cover annual leave or sickness in our Andover office. For this role, candidates should have legal experience and have worked in a Family Department.
For our other offices we are looking for secretaries who can cover absence in either Salisbury or Amesbury. You should have solid secretarial experience and ideally some exposure to a legal environment.
These roles are paid on an hourly or daily basis and are ideally suited to people who want to work flexibly.
If you are interested, please email your cv and covering letter to email@example.com