Please note we do not accept job applications for secretaries and other support staff through agencies
Head of our Residential Property Team – Full or Part Time – Salisbury
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with an exciting and progressive firm which continues to grow? We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated lawyer to lead our increasingly busy CQS accredited residential property team.
The job is suitable for an experienced residential property solicitor with a minimum of five years PQE.
Previous management experience, while useful, is not essential.
The successful candidate
The right candidate will have
- At least 5 years’ experience of residential conveyancing work
- A thorough understanding of the law and practice surrounding conveyancing
- The ability to supervise junior lawyers
- The confidence and the ability to react to change whilst working within a pressurised environment
- The ability to be an enthusiastic team player, with great people skills
- Good organisational, time management and IT skills
- The ability to multi-task under pressure
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent standards of client care and great communication skills
- A history of strong billing
- A desire and the ability to help in the growth of the residential property department
Our conveyancing is good quality work– in particular, we don’t buy in cheap residential conveyancing. Clients come to us because we are good at what we do – and they know we care about them
The growing team?
Initially you will be in charge of a 6 strong residential property team, but following the completion of certainongoing projects, that is almost certain to increase to around 12 people within the next year.
Useful, but not essential, attributes
- Experience of using a case management system for property work
- Regular experience of shared ownership conveyancing
- The ability to bring referral sources with you
Full-time or part-time?
The job is available on either a full-time or part-time basis.
We offer flexible working if required – many of our lawyers routinely work from home, for example. We are more concerned with output than input – what we are really looking for is quality work, highly satisfied clients and great billing.
Market rate – dependent on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience
How to apply
Sound good? If you’re interested in the job, email Senior Partner Tim Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org with an accompanying letter and your CV.
Client Services Assistant
Hours: 9:00am to 5:15pm, Monday to Friday.
Location: Salisbury Office.
Pay: Minimum wage for age.
Holidays: 20 days pa, bank holidays and Christmas fixed leave.
This is a trainee role.
- Bright, personable and common sense/initiative.
- Ability to deal politely with clients and staff.
- Must be very flexible and willing.
- Must be reliable.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Typing skills.
- Must be willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Attention to detail.
- Educational standard at A-level minimum.
- Car driver with car and willingness to potentially cover other offices, but not essential.
Assisting with client services
- Meet and greet clients in a friendly manner
- Answer telephone and take messages.
- Cover evening surgery twice a month from 5:15pm to 7:00pm.
Administrative support services
- Open post and DX; allocate to fee-earners.
- Photocopying/filing/faxing/closing files.
- Updating legal references.
- Franking post and DX.
- Archiving files.
- Data entry for computerised records, i.e. Wills and Deeds.
Legal department support
- Work within legal teams during periods of absence cover.
- All training will be given as required.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Are you an experienced Solicitor or legal fee earner either in a niche area or with a client following, who is interested in working with an exciting and progressive firm – in one of our offices or on a virtual basis? We are always keen to talk to quality people who are looking for a firm to put their existing work through on a consultancy basis – or who are happy to work with us to develop new work and be paid on a fee-sharing basis.
Interested? Call Senior Partner Tim Bishop on 01722 422300 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Staff – Secretaries
We are actively recruiting to our bank of ‘temp’ secretaries.
We are particularly interested in secretaries who can cover annual leave or sickness in our Andover office. For this role, candidates should have legal experience and have worked in a Family Department.
For our other offices we are looking for secretaries who can cover absence in either Salisbury or Amesbury. You should have solid secretarial experience and ideally some exposure to a legal environment.
These roles are paid on an hourly or daily basis and are ideally suited to people who want to work flexibly.
If you are interested, please email your cv and covering letter to email@example.com