Our Employment Solicitors understand how stressful losing your job can be. Employment law is complex and changes regularly. You need to get the right legal advice. Expert Employment Solicitors at our Salisbury, Fordingbridge and Andover offices will advise on your employment rights and attempt to negotiate a settlement. Where this is impossible we represent clients at Employment Tribunals in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset and further afield.
How long do I have to bring an Employment Tribunal claim?
Generally, you have 3 months from any incident to bring an employment law claim. If you have been dismissed, you have 3 months from when your employment ended. If you think you have a claim – contact our Employment Solicitors today – limits are strictly enforced.
How can I pay my Solicitor’s fees?
- Our Employment Lawyers offer an initial FREE telephone consultation or you can see a Solicitor at our FREE legal surgery at our Salisbury office every Tuesday between 5.15 and 7pm
- In appropriate circumstances our Employment Solicitors offer “No Win, No Fee” agreements – this means you only pay us if we recover compensation for you. If we cannot offer a “No Win, No Fee” agreement, you can pay us on an hourly basis.
- Legal costs insurance, if available
- Fixed fees for Settlement Agreements
How much compensation could I get from an Employment Tribunal?
If you are the subject of an Unfair Dismissal you are entitled to both basic and compensatory awards.
- The basic award takes into account your age, salary and length of service. The compensatory award is based on any financial loss you have suffered resulting from your dismissal.
- The maximum compensation award for unfair dismissal is over £50,000 and employees can claim after one year’s employment.
- The amount of compensation depends on the time you are unemployed and on how a new job pays compared with your old job.
- You must take reasonable steps to minimise your financial loss. You should take appropriate steps looking for work and consider joining employment agencies.
- Keep a record of attempts to find work and copies of relevant correspondence.
If you have suffered discrimination you will also be entitled to compensation for injury to your feelings. The average award is about £2000.
How long will an Employment Tribunal claim take?
Employment Tribunals aim to hear most cases within six months.
Employment Law Services
Our Employment Solicitors offer a comprehensive range of employment law advice including:
- Advice on the NHS MARS scheme (Mutually Agreed Resignation Scheme)
- Breach of contract
- Contracts of Employment
- Contract termination
- Constructive dismissal
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Equal Pay
- Flexible working
- Minimum Wage Claims
- Non-payment of wages
- Paternity & Maternity rights
- Race and age discrimination
- Restrictive covenants
- Settlement Agreements – [previously known as Compromise Agreements]
- Severance packages
- Sex and disability discrimination claims
- Transfer of an undertaking
- Working time directive
- Workplace harassment claims
- Wrongful Dismissal
Contact our Employment Law Solicitors
Our Employment Solicitors can see you in our Salisbury, Andover or Fordingbridge offices.
We act for clients in employment claims across Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset and throughout England and Wales – meeting face-to-face or taking instructions by email and phone.
For legal advice from an expert Employment Solicitor contact our team today.