Getting involved in a private legal dispute is never easy and can be a hugely stressful experience.
Whatever your problem, our experienced litigation and dispute team can help you.
Our litigation lawyers regularly handle a wide range of cases locally in Salisbury and Andover, throughout Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset and further afield.
We can provide the right specialist practical legal advice and representation you need whatever your dispute, whether it’s small or large.
How our litigation team can help you
Our team of litigation solicitors have extensive experience of a wide variety of litigation claims, including the following:
- Boundary disputes – read more
- Building and construction disputes
- Conflicts with retailers, suppliers or service providers
- Consumer law
- Contract disputes
- Debt recovery and enforcement
- Employment law claims –read more
- Inheritance Act Claims and Contested Probate – read more
- Inquests – our team ran a highly specialist inquest advice service – click here for more information
- Landlord and tenant problems
- Neighbour disputes – read more
- Property disputes
- Professional negligence compensation(particularly negligence claims against Solicitors, Accountants, Surveyors and Architects). Please note we are particular experienced in running these kinds of claims against negligent professionals and are members of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association. Click here to read more
We also have a wealth of experience advising on a wide variety of business litigation – click here for more information.
FREE initial advice – put your mind at rest
When it comes to civil disputes, many people can become really worried and don’t really know where to start. That’s why we offer two types of free initial advice;
- FREE initial phone advice – simply call one of our team for a no strings attached initial chat on the phone – completely free
- FREE drop-in weekly legal surgeries. We run a free no appointment necessary legal surgery every week (except Christmas and Easter) at both our Salisbury and Andover offices – click here for details. These surgeries have helped thousands of people over the years, and better still, they are both open outside office hours – to make it easier for working people.
The importance of early advice
Whatever your problem, it’s really important that you get the right legal advice early on – from a law firm with plenty of litigation experience.
So don’t delay or worry about dealing with the problem yourself – get in touch with us for free initial telephone legal advice and put your mind at rest
Alternative dispute resolution
Going all the way to a fully contested court hearing is slow, highly stressful and can prove very expensive indeed. Going all the way to a fully argued final hearing can take years – and sometimes, the only winner appears to be the lawyers.
That’s why, although we will always fight your corner, we strongly recommend that whenever it is possible, we help you to settle your case by negotiation. In particular, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods such as mediation and arbitration often proves really useful to both parties and regularly avoids the need for a contested court hearing.
In addition, ADR procedures tend to be more informal and much less adversarial than going to Court – and, strongly encouraged by the courts, they are available this at any stage of a case.
Going to Court
Sometimes however, you simply can’t avoid going to court.
If you do become involved in a fully contested court hearing, our team will support you all the way – from initial advice and preparing all the necessary documentation, all the way to arranging representation in court – and will explain to you every step of the way so you know exactly what’s going on.
How can I pay for my case
Don’t worry! Our team can discuss with you the best ways for funding your particular case.
However, in broad terms you have three funding options;.
- Paying privately.
There are a number of options available if you choose to fund your case yourself. Some cases, or part of case, are available on a fixed fee basis – but rest assured that with all case, you will get an estimate at the beginning of how much your case is likely to cost – and regular updates, to let you know if there have been any changes to the likely costs. To help you manage your legal costs, we can also make available monthly payment plans if that suits you best
- No win no fee
Here at Bonallack and Bishop, no win no fee arrangements are not just restricted to personal injury compensation claims.
No win no fee (also called conditional fee arrangements) are also available for some other litigation cases – including some professional negligence and contested probate cases.
Your solicitor will discuss whether no win no fee is available or right for your particular case
- Legal expenses insurance cover
It’s definitely worth checking whether you have legal expenses insurance which might cover your legal bills. You may be surprised. In fact a UK Ministry of Justice report found that 59% of us do actually have some form of legal expenses insurance.