Compensation claims specialists
Our holiday accident compensation solicitors run holiday accident compensation claims on no-win no-fee arrangements, which means you keep 100% of any compensation award.
Our specialist solicitors are experienced in handling holiday compensation claims throughout Wiltshire, Hampshire, Somerset, Dorset, Berkshire and Gloucestershire for many kinds of holiday accident compensation claim including:
- Holiday accident claims
- Car accidents abroad
- Holiday illness abroad
- Accidents while working abroad
- Claim/cruise line claims
Don’t worry if the holiday accident occurred abroad. Provided the holiday was part of a package (i.e. two parts of your holiday, such as hotel and flight, were booked together), your holiday accident claim can be dealt with in the English courts so there will be no need to make a claim in foreign courts. Tour operators have a duty to look after their customers – keeping them safe and free from illness or injury. Sadly, holiday accidents do happen, however. Common compensation claims include:
- Injuries for trips on uneven hotel flooring
- Illness from hotel food and poor hygiene standards
- Injuries caused whilst travelling
- Terrible hotel conditions
- Injuries whilst working abroad for either UK or overseas companies
I think I have a holiday accident claim – what should I do?
If you think you may have a claim for holiday accident compensation, make sure that you:
- Report any illness or accident to hotel staff and holiday reps
- Take photographs of the scene of any accident
- Keep a note of the details of any medical treatment
- In the case of an accident, see if there were witnesses and if so ensure you get their details
- Instruct a specialist holiday accident compensation solicitor as soon as possible.
- At your initial FREE interview, our lawyers will tell you whether your holiday accident compensation claim is worth pursuing.
What should I do if I want to claim compensation?
If you have an accident or illness whilst on holiday; follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Report what has happened to your tour operator’s local representative if on a package holiday and don’t forget to ask for a written accident report.
2. Take photos or videos if possible.
3. Get details of anyone else involved or affected by the incident.
4. Try to get details of any witnesses: names, telephone numbers, addresses and if possible passport numbers.
5. See a doctor and obtain a written medical report.
Who will I claim against?
The tour operator is obliged to adhere to the Package Travel Regulations, these set out a travel company’s responsibilities to you, the customer and what you need to do if you are unhappy. You will be able to pursue a claim against your tour operator who provided the trip was booked as a ‘package holiday’.
A ‘Package Holiday’ is defined by and two of the following being booked together:
- Hotel/Other Accommodation
- Flight or other Transportation
- Car Hire/Airport Transfers/Excursions
How long do I have to pursue my holiday accident or illness Claim?
Different time limits may apply where you have been involved in a holiday accident or have suffered illness on holiday on a ship, boat or aeroplane. The normal time limit that applies to personal injury claims is normally three years for adults, for anyone under 18 have until their 21st birthday to claim. However, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible so we can let you know exactly the time limit you have for your claim, also whilst everything is still fresh in you mind.
Funding your holiday accident compensation claim
- We offer no win no fee schemes (also known as conditional fee agreements).
- Our solicitors are approved by most Legal Expenses Insurers who may pay your legal bill.
Contact our Holiday Claim Solicitors today
Our holiday accident claim solicitors can see you in our Salisbury, Andover or Amesbury offices and we have interviewing facilities in West Dorset. Our Solicitors also regularly represent clients in locally in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Somerset, Dorset and throughout England and Wales.
Home/Hospital visits are available for clients with serious injuries.
For legal advice from expert holiday accident claim solicitors, contact our team today.