Professional Negligence compensation
Professional negligence is highly complex. It is essential that you have a specialist and experienced solicitor who can listen to you and clearly explain how your claim is progressing.
Our professional negligence solicitors handle cases in Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Somerset and throughout England and Wales. Our team deal with claims against all types of professionals including:
- Barristers and Solicitors Negligence – often as a result of failed litigation or incorrectly drafted wills
- Architects and surveyors – including failure to properly value or spot defects with property
- Accountants and tax consultants for negligent tax advice.
- Doctors and other medical professionals – for more information see our medical negligence page.
Our team includes Alan Jenner who spent many years specialising in professional negligence claims at the Solicitors Indemnity Fund and is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
You do however need to be aware that poor service from a solicitor or other professional does not necessarily amount to negligence. In general terms, if a professional whom you have trusted to deal with your affairs makes a mistake that causes a financial loss, you may have a claim for financial compensation.
Funding Professional Negligence cases
Our professional negligence team will discuss with you your options to fund any professional negligence claim you may have, including:
- Paying privately
- Legal expenses insurance if you have it and it covers this type of case
- No Win No Fee Agreements [also known as conditional fee arrangements] for suitable cases
Professionals often have extensive insurance policies. Solicitors in particular have to have a high-level of professional indemnity insurance usually £2,000,000 cover or more.
Time limits in professional negligence claims
As in other compensation claim cases, there are time limits within which you must put your case. Broadly, you have six years from the negligent act. In
any event is always good advice to contact your solicitor as soon as you think you might have a professional negligence claim.
For more information visit our specialist professional negligence claim microsite.
How our Professional Negligence Solicitors can help you
- At your first meeting with our solicitors, we will let you know if your negligence case is worth progressing
- We can discuss the options of funding your professional negligence claim
- If you prefer, we can run your case by e-mail or telephone without you needing to come to our offices
Our professional negligence solicitors can see you in our Salisbury, Warminster, Andover, Verwood or Amesbury offices and we also have
interviewing facilities in West Dorset. Our professional negligence solicitors also represent clients in Shepton Mallett, Wells, Yeovil, Shaftesbury, Gillingham, Sherborne, Wimbourne, Ferndown, Wincanton, Radstock, Ringwood, Wareham, Dorchester, Frome, Fordingbridge, Sturminster Newton, Bridgewater, Weston-Super-Mare, Brockenhurst, Alton, Ilminster, Glastonbury, Chard, Blandford Forum, Wimborne, New Milton, Malmesbury, Cirencester, Romsey, Lyndhurst, Calne, Corsham, Midsomer Norton, Devizes, Melksham, Bradford- on-Avon and Westbury.
Contact our Professional Negligence Solicitors today
For specialist advice, contact our Professional Negligence Solicitors at our Salisbury, Andover, Verwood, Warminster or Amesbury offices today.