It is unfortunately true in the UK that sometimes employment claims are handled by lawyers that have very little experience in employment law. Regardless of the claim type, whether it be pursuing or defending an age discrimination claim, bringing or defending an application for unfair dismissal compensation or negotiating a Compromise Agreement, here are some factors you should take into account when picking the right employment law solicitor:
- Choose an employment law specialist – employment law is an increasing complex area of the law which is frequently updated. Ensuring your lawyer is a specialist in employment law will mean that your case will be handled by an expert in the field who will provide guidance and potentially successful solutions to any problems
- Consider appointing lawyer who works both for employers and employees, as they will have a good insight into the strategy of your opponent and potentially a balanced view of the strengths and weaknesses of your claim
- Pick a lawyer who you feel you can build a good relationship with. They should be able to explain the law in plain English and avoid technical jargon – gaining a full understanding of your rights and responsibilities is important
- Select a lawyer who offers free initial advice
- Make sure that you get lawyer who provides you with plenty of information about your funding options. This should be set out to you in writing at the initial interview which may include the option of no win no fee employment law advice [something that our team are able to offer]. In any event, make sure you fully understand how much you are likely to be charged
We have a number of specialist employment lawyers were able to provide help and information on your individual needs or situation. Getting the wrong advice could be disastrous for you, whether you’re an employer or employee, so it’s important to choose the right employment lawyer to advise you on your rights and obligations.
Call one of our employment lawyers in Salisbury on 01722 422300 or Andover 01264 364433 today – or visit one of our specialist websites;