[Since 29th July 2013 this sort of document was formally re-named as a Settlement Agreement. Many people are however still using the older term.]
Looking for specialist settlement agreement advice in Hampshire? Call our lawyers on ANDOVER (01264) 364433, FORDINGBRIDGE (01425) 652110 or FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 for FREE initial phone advice – with no strings attached
Getting Independent Legal Advice
It is vitally important to get proper legal advice before signing your settlement agreement. Why? Because without independent legal advice, your settlement agreement is simply not legally binding which means that your employer is not bound to act by the terms of the agreement
To be legally binding, there are two other conditions.
- The lawyer who provided the advice must be identified within the agreement.
- Your settlement agreements must be in writing.
If you speak to the specialist compromise agreement solicitors at Bonallack & Bishop, we will make sure your financial interests are protected and that the agreement is reasonable and fair. And if not, we can advise you and if necessary negotiate with your employer to get a better deal.
Settlement agreements can often involve technical legal terms, and our employment law team will explain everything to you, making sure that your interests are represented from start to finish of the process.
Why Use Us for your Settlement Agreement?
Our team have a huge amount of experience in this area. We have advised on hundreds of settlement and compromise agreements locally and across England and Wales over the years. So give us a call today on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or locally on (01264) 364433.
Getting the most positive outcome from any compromise agreement means using solicitors who are experienced in this sort of work.
This is exactly the sort of work we do, so why not speak to our employment law team who can help you with your compromise agreement?
Advising on Compromise Agreements – Not Just a Rubber Stamping Exercise
We can help with any issue regarding a compromise agreement. Some of the most common aspects we advise on are:
· Giving you the right legal advice to ensure that any compromise agreement is legally binding.
· Explaining the terms of the agreement, and its implications for you.
· We can try to negotiate a better deal with your employer if you are unable to agree a settlement yourself.
· Advice on specialist compromise agreements including the Voluntary Early Release Schemes (VER) or the NHS Mutually Agreed Resignation (MARS).
· Advice about what your options are if you think your settlement is unreasonable. This includes advice about the Employment Tribunal process, if applicable.
· Internet advice – although we’re happy to see you in person, it can often be far quicker to deal with compromise agreements using phone or email.
Who will pay my legal costs?
In almost all circumstances, any employee’s legal fees for independent advice on a compromise agreement are paid for by your employer.
Do I have to see my solicitor?
It’s very important to get impartial legal advice from an experienced solicitor, but it’s not essential to meet with them face-to-face and in person unless you really want to.
Our team are accustomed to taking instruction from clients over the phone or by email. We do regular work advising on compromise agreements for clients across Hampshire. Wherever you’re based in the county, we’re here to help.
Click here to find out more about Settlement Agreements
Looking for Settlement Agreement Advice in Hampshire? Call us now
If you live in Hampshire, and you need independent legal advice on your compromise agreement, simply contact us now for FREE initial phone advice
- just call us on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or on one of our local Hampshire numbers – ANDOVER (01264) 364433 or FORDINGBRIDGE (01425) 652110 OR
- E-mail us using the online enquiry form below:
Bonallack and Bishop, Bonallack and Bishop
Suite 1, Healey House, Dene Road, 5, Provost Street
SP10 2AA SP6 1AZ
Tel: Andover (01264) 364433 Tel: Fordingbridge (01425) 652110
Our Andover Office