Based on the edge of the New Forest in Fordingbridge, and in Salisbury, our expert agricultural and rural property solicitors specialise in the sale and purchase of a full range of rural and agricultural land and property – including farms, woodland and country houses.
For no strings attached FREE initial phone advice about any aspect of agricultural or rural land or property, call our team now on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544.
Agricultural and rural property sales – the need for a specialist
When dealing with this kind of land or property it’s very important to appoint a solicitor who really understands rural property – simply because this is a complex area with many complicating factors and increasingly regular changes to regulation, compliance and legislation.
Buying and selling agricultural and rural property – the areas we cover
Our property lawyers can help you with a wide range of legal issues including;
- Boundary and land title disputes
- Business structures including companies and partnerships
- Buying garden land from your neighbour
- Commercial development and conversion of farm buildings
- Easements to utility companies
- Farm sales and purchases
- Land and property disputes
- Landlord and Tenant issues including surrenders, assignments and licences
- Loans on agricultural property
- Overage payments on a sale of property or land
- Option agreements
- Leases for wind farm and other renewable energy developments including solar panels and biomass – including options and promotion agreements
- Land development issues
- Private water supply access
- Public rights of way and access to land
- Private rights of way and wayleaves
- Purchases and sales of rural property including country houses, woodland and estates
- Registration of agricultural property and land
- Sporting rights leases
- Succession planning for agricultural businesses
- Trust creation and administration, inheritance tax and will drafting for family businesses
When it comes to buying or selling any farm or rural land or property, it’s really important that both your selling agent and your conveyancing solicitor work closely together.
We can help you with:
- Discussions with you on preliminary issues to consider at the outset, to help discuss these with your land agent
- Advice on the legal aspects of any necessary loans
- Preparation of the legal pack if you’re selling
- Guiding you through the whole conveyancing process from exchange of contracts to completion.
- Handling Stamp Duty
- Covering post-completion work including any required land registration
Our property team will also work closely with colleagues whenever necessary – in particular with the private client team and our commercial lawyers.
Click here to read some reviews of our conveyancing lawyers from satisfied clients
New Forest Conveyancing
With an office, in Fordingbridge, on the edge of the New Forest, we regularly deal with both selling and buying land and property in the Forest. And conveyancing here is a great example of how different rural property can be to buy and sell – and that’s why you need experts who really understand this area and in particular the rights of way and common rights that are often involved.
Click here to read more about Conveyancing in the New Forest