Specialist Military Lawyers
Our solicitors have extensive experience representing both serving and retired members of the Army and the other Armed Forces on matters ranging from Army Accident Claims and Military Divorce to courts martial.
With offices in Salisbury, Amesbury, Andover and Fordingbridge we not only represent serving services personnel based at the garrisons on Salisbury Plain, but also represent service personnel nationwide and abroad, communicating by telephone, e-mail and Zoom video and FaceTime – as well as retired ex-HM Forces personnel.
We are members of Forces Law – a nationwide group of military law experts, and our solicitors provide legal assistance to members of both Regular and Reserve Forces, as well as veterans [of whom there are around 4.8 million living in Britain, representing almost 10% of British adults].
Call or Email Us Now for Your Military Law Advice. FREE initial phone advice.
Call FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or locally on (01722) 422300 or (01980) 622992
Based on Salisbury Plain? Don’t forget our two drop-in legal surgeries
We run these in Amesbury ( family law only on Wednesday afternoon) and Salisbury (general law on Tuesday evening) each and every week. And what’s more, over the last 17 years, these surgeries have provided peace of mind and free legal advice to over 10,000 people – including many service personnel.
Click here for details of our free legal surgeries.
Discount on All Services for Military Clients
We also offer an exclusive 10% discount to all serving and retired Army and other military personnel on all our military law services, including:
- Court Martial – click here to read more about representation at Court Martial
- Criminal Law
- Divorce – our Family Solicitors have extensive experience of military divorce, how it relates to Armed Forces life and are very familiar with specialist issues, including boarding school allowances and armed forces pensions.
- Forces Right To Buy – the MoD loan scheme introduced in April 2014 [which replaced the Long Service Advance of Pay loans]. The latest news is that Forces Right To Buy is now extended for a further 3 years until the end of December 2022
- Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) – in our opinion, every serving member of the Armed Forces, with one or more trusted people in their lives should sign a lasting power of attorney
- Military Accident Compensation – whether the accident happens at work or not.
- Military Medical Negligence – in particular we have represented a number of Forces personnel with PTSD claims
- Military Wills and Probate
- Resettlement Grants – Leaving the Forces? We can help with acquiring appropriate business premises, advising on the best trading vehicle for your new venture, employment and commercial contracts, terms of business and credit control and debt recovery issues
- Service complaints and disciplinary matters
Bonallack and Bishop have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
As part of our commitment to support the Armed Forces Community, we have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant – which is a promise that those who serve or have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.