Specialist Military Lawyers
Our solicitors have extensive experience representing both serving and retired members of the Army and the other Armed Forces on matters ranging from Army Accident Claims and Military Divorce to courts martial.
Military law representation – at home and overseas
With offices in Salisbury, Amesbury, Andover and Fordingbridge we not only represent serving services personnel based at the garrisons on Salisbury Plain, but also represent service personnel nationwide and abroad, communicating by telephone, e-mail and Zoom video and FaceTime – as well as retired ex-HM Forces personnel. And that representation ranges from handling divorce for military clients in Kandahar and Iraq to completing the conveyancing on a house purchase for a client while they were stationed on an aircraft carrier!
We are members of Forces Law – a nationwide group of military law experts, and our solicitors provide legal assistance to members of both Regular and Reserve Forces, as well as veterans [of whom there are around 4.8 million living in Britain, representing almost 10% of British adults].
Call or Email Our Solicitors Now for Your Military Law Advice. FREE initial phone advice.
Call FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or locally on (01722) 422300 or (01980) 622992
Discount on All Our Legal Services for Our Military Clients
We also offer an exclusive 10% discount to all serving and retired Army and other military personnel on all our military law services, including:
- Court Martial – click here to read more about representation by our lawyers at Court Martial
- Criminal Law
- Divorce – our Family Law Solicitors have extensive experience of military divorce, how it relates to Armed Forces life and are very familiar with specialist issues, including boarding school allowances and armed forces pensions.
- Forces Help To Buy – the MoD loan scheme introduced in April 2014 [which replaced the Long Service Advance of Pay loans]. The Forces Help to Buy scheme was made permanent on 1st January 2023.
- Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) – in our opinion, every serving member of the Armed Forces, with one or more trusted people in their lives should sign a lasting power of attorney
- Litigation and disputes
- Military Accident Compensation – whether the accident happens at work or not.
- Military Medical Negligence – in particular we have represented a number of Forces personnel with PTSD claims
- Military Wills and Probate
- Resettlement Grants – Leaving the Forces? We can help with acquiring appropriate business premises, advising on the best trading vehicle for your new venture, employment and commercial contracts, terms of business and credit control and debt recovery issues.
- Service complaints and disciplinary matters
Bonallack and Bishop have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
As part of our commitment to support the Armed Forces Community, we have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant – which is a promise that those who serve or have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.