We work closely with a number of Independent Financial Advisors who can offer you truly independent financial advice with the added assurance that our advisors are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct investment business. These IFAs operate throughout Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset -and we are more than happy to arrange an initial meeting with one of them at any of our four offices in Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Andover and Amesbury.
How IFAs can help you
The IFAs we work with can provide independent advice with regard to:
- Financial investments
- Retirement planning
- Inheritance tax planning – click here to read more about how our inheritance tax planning solicitors can help you
- Equity release – click here to read more about how Equity Release works
- Long term care planning
- Life assurance
- Buildings insurance
The following are some typical examples of where financial services are frequently required, over and above routine savings:
- Retirement: Various financial options arise at retirement. For example, do you take an available lump sum? If you have a money purchase fund, should you buy the annuity or take income drawdown? If pension planning is still in its early stages, do you need to pay higher contributions to achieve your target fund? Which pension do you choose? Do you need to pay into an AVC?
- Inheritance Tax Planning & Saving: Do you have an estate which will attract inheritance tax? If so, how can you try to mitigate this liability? Is your family protected if you die prematurely?
- Divorce: How will any divorce impact on your savings and pension arrangements in particular. How do you get the best price for your endowment if this has to be surrendered? Click here to read more about divorce and financial issues
The range and complexity of financial products available today mean that few people have the time and resources to keep abreast of all the options, or the expertise to choose between competing products. Independent financial advice can help you progress from where you are today to where you aim to be in the future.
You may also want to consider protecting your assets using a trust.
Click here to find out more about how our Trust Solicitors can help you