Specialist Family Law Solicitors
Divorce, or relationship breakdown, is one of life’s most stressful events. It’s always tough on everyone involved and the complex legal issues involved don’t help. The latest official statistics show the continuing high rate of marriage breakdown. 107,599 opposite-sex and 822 same-sex couples got divorced in 2019 in England and Wales. Divorce is always tough on everyone involved and the complex legal issues involved don’t help. You need to know where you stand – you need the support of a specialist divorce solicitor.
If you live or work in Blandford and you’re going through a relationship breakdown, or considering divorce, you need to make sure you have the right legal advice from a specialist lawyer who you trust and who listens to you.
But why should you choose us?
Finding the right divorce solicitor is essential – it’s a daunting process, so you’ll want an experienced professional who can advise and support you. Your divorce solicitor will act in your best interests and is obliged to try dispute resolution avenues such as mediation, collaborative law and solicitor led Yoshi Asian before seeking court proceedings. However, there are some cases where making a court application is the only viable option. and our team have the experience you need
- Our divorce and family law team offer FREE initial phone advice and a FREE first 30 minutes appointment advice. So we can answer your questions and you can see if we are the right lawyers for you.
- Our family lawyers are true specialists – family law and divorce is all they do. Their expertise goes all the way from divorce and financial issues, to civil partnership dissolution to child abduction and grandparents rights.
- Our team are members of Resolution (the nations only organisation for specialist family lawyers ) and we aim to resolve family law disputes swiftly and amicably
Our family law team provide both FREE initial phone advice and, and a FREE first 30 minute appointment for all divorce and family law matters – face-to-face or using Zoom video. So call or email us today and put your mind rest
Divorce update – April 2022
Finally, after being heralded for many years, the government introduced long-awaited reforms to divorce law and procedure. In particular, the changes removed the need for one spouse to ‘blame’ the other when looking to get divorced – often by citing adultery or unreasonable behaviour. The update also introduced the availability of joint applications by both spouses for divorce and removed the possibility of defending divorce. There was also some modernisation of some outdated legal terminology and changes to the timetable and procedure for getting a divorce.
Following these changes, our divorce and family law team introduced a fixed-price divorce.
Click here to find out more those changes and about our £600 Fixed Fee Divorce Service (our fixed price service applies only to divorce, and doesn’t cover any legal advice on children or financial issues. It also excludes the court fee)
Our commitment to you.
As a firm, we are committed to try our utmost to keep your legal costs down [click here for our tips on “how to cut your legal costs in divorce”] and to keeping any divorce or family law dispute as civilised, and as free of bitterness and unnecessary argument, as possible.
Divorce and family finances
When it comes to divorce and relationship breakdown, sorting out finances can be a complex and lengthy process. The best way to ensure you receive the right financial settlement is to seek advice from solicitors who specialize in divorce and financial issues. Our team are experts in this field and are dedicated to helping you get a fair outcome.#
Click here to read more about financial issues and divorce or relationship breakdown
Family mediation and Collaborative Law available
For many people Family Mediation [as well as the lesser known collaborative law approach ] represent much better ways to solve divorce and family law problems than potentially slow, expensive and better court applications.
Our team include a specially qualified Resolution Trained Collaborative Lawyer and our team strongly support the use of mediation which we believe reduces stress and legal costs for many divorcing couples.
Legal advice on a full range of family law issues
Our specialist divorce and family law team provide legal advice on a wide range of issues arising out of divorce and family breakdown including:
- Adoption and Special Guardianship Orders
- Child law including contact, residence and maintenance issues.
Click here to find out more about children law
- Civil partnerships
- Divorce law and procedure
- Domestic violence and injunctions.
Click here to find out more about how our Domestic Violence Solicitors can help you.
- Family Mediation
- Financial issues in divorce (often referred to by courts and lawyers as “ancillary relief”) including pensions.
- Grandparent contact
- Jointly owned property disputes
- Prenuptial agreements and post nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
Going through divorce in Blandford? For Divorce Advice you can trust – call now
• Simply phone us on Fordingbridge (01425) 652110 or Salisbury  422300 for FREE expert advice about divorce
• Or just e-mail us using the contact form below
Tel: Salisbury (01722) 422300
5, Provost Street,
Tel: Fordingbridge (01425) 652110