When a structural engineer acts negligently, it can be particularly costly especially if their errors have caused work delays or damage which requires costly work to put the problems right. Making a successful professional negligence claim against a structural engineer is dependent upon securing a report from an independent structural engineer. This report plays a key part in determining whether or not the engineer in question was liable and negligent.
Looking for help with your Structural Engineer Negligence Claim? Call our specialist team on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or one of our four local office numbers for FREE initial phone advice – no strings attached
Occasionally, the two sides (the claimant’s legal team and the defendant’s legal team) will make a joint appointment of a single structural engineer to write the expert report. However, this is rare and each side will usually instruct their own experts to write reports. Sometimes, these different experts will reach divergent outcomes making it crucial that you make a good appointment. Our professional negligence solicitors have strong links with experienced experts in the construction industry who are well-placed to make a judgement on negligence cases involving structural engineers. Such experience is crucial because experts may need to defend their reports in court.
Click here to find out more about making a professional negligence claim.
My compensation claim – what will I need to prove?
If you feel that your engineer’s failings has caused you financial loss, our specialised professional negligence solicitors will be able to help you.
Here are the main 3 hurdles you will need to overcome in order to win compensation
- Firstly – was there a contractual relationship between you and your engineer. In particular we will need to have a look at any contract you signed with the engineer
- Secondly has the engineer breached their obligations and duties to you – to prove that, you will need to establish that the engineer’s work was below the standard you would expect from a normally proficient structural engineer.
- What financial loss have you suffered ? Please note that if your financial loss is below £40,000, although you may have a valid claim, our solicitors are unlikely to be able to help you – simply because it is probable that the legal costs of successfully winning your claim are likely to be disproportionate to any compensation you win
Your Engineer Negligence Claim – No Win No Agreements Available
Click here to read more about No Win No Fee could help you fund your claim for the compensation you deserve
Will the engineer be able to pay my claim?
Although the answer will depend on your particular case and the finances of the engineer in question, the good news is that all structural engineers are required by law to provide a level of Professional Indemnity Insurance against any damage to property or personal injury that was caused by their actions.
Are there any time limits to make my claim?
Yes – you need to start your claim within six years of the negligent act – or if you only discovered the negligence at a later date, six years from the date those errors and the damage they caused became clear.
Looking to claim against a negligent structural engineer? Call FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 For Free Initial Advice
If you are looking to claim compensation against a negligent structural engineer, make sure that you choose a specialist professional negligence lawyer with good links to independent experts. Bonallack & Bishop has the specialists you need, so:
- For FREE initial advice on your professional negligence compensation claim, just call FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 For Free Initial PHONE Advice, or
- Complete the contact form below to get in touch.