Any family dispute or relationship breakdown can have a huge impact on those involved – whether it’s financial, emotional or even physical. And that includes not only you and your partner, but also your children. However, for many people, much of both the bitterness and cost can be taken out of the process by using family mediation.
Is Family Mediation Available in Verwood?
Currently, none of the law firms with offices in the town offers a family mediation service. But here at Bonallack and Bishop, we have to fully qualified jointly accredited family lawyer/mediators and have two offices nearby in Fordingbridge and Salisbury.
So if you want to discuss whether this excellent form of dispute resolution could work for you – simply get in touch with our team today.
So What’s So Good about Family Mediation?
Here at Bonallack & Bishop we think the answer is very simple – because it works.
So here are 5 great reasons why we think it’s always worth considering using family mediation;
- it’s much quicker than going to court. *
- It’s usually considerably cheaper than the traditional court-based approach to sorting legal problems that arise out of divorce and family breakdown *
- by focusing on looking for solutions rather than fighting endless battles, it’s a much less stressful and better way at solving your legal problems.
- you keep control – timescale and issues are not set by the court but by you and your partner. And any settlement will be one agreed and created by you – not imposed by a judge.
- It can make a serious difference to your children’s happiness. Particularly when it comes to older children, it is so important for them to know that their parents are working together to find a solution and not endlessly battling each other
* You don’t to take our word for the way that mediation is quicker and cheaper than going to court. A few years back, the UK government commissioned a report about how mediation was actually working in practice – and it found conclusively that family mediation was indeed much cheaper and quicker than this going to court.
To find out more about mediation and how it works in practice – click here.
Verwood Family Law Breakdown – FREE Specialist Legal Advice – Simply Call (01202) 834450
Our family law team offers offer 2 types of absolutely FREE legal advice absolutely FREE – no strings attached.
- initial phone advice Just call us on (01202) 834450 or (01425) 652110
- your first 30 minute appointment
So find out where you stand by calling one of our specialist team today.
Do I need a jointly qualified lawyer mediator?
We think so. Although some family mediators have no legal qualification and no legal background, we think it’s jointly qualified and accredited lawyer/mediators who are best positioned to help you reach a resolution quickly and easily.
Both of our family mediators are also highly experienced family law – family law and divorce is all they have done, with over 30 years experience between them. So you can rest assured that our mediators possesses the family law experience and expertise needed to help you achieve the right outcome.
What kind of family law issues can a mediator help me with?
Mediation can deal with all aspects of family breakdown including the following
- Children issues (e.g. contact and residence)
- Financial settlement
- Cohabitee Disputes
- Grandparent contact issues
Live In Verwood? Want to talk to a Family Mediator? Call us today
If you’re unfortunate enough to be going through relationship breakdown, getting the right legal advice from the outset is really important.
So put your mind at rest by contacting our jointly accredited family lawyer/mediators today.
- Just call us on FORDINGBRIDGE (01425) 652110 or SALISBURY (01722) 422300 OR
- E-mail us using the online enquiry form below: