Specialist Wiltshire Conveyancing Law Firm
Moving home can be a very stressful process but knowing that the solicitor in charge of your legal work is an accredited conveyancing expert can help to put your mind at ease. So if you’re looking to buy or sell a house or flat in Wiltshire, invest in a buy to let property, or sell or buy land, our locally based Law Society accredited specialists can help.
Looking for a competitive quote from proactive Wiltshire conveyancing solicitors? In the last 20 years, our conveyancing team have helped around 10,000 people just like you move home. Call our team now on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or one of our local office numbers [see below] – for FREE initial phone advice and an instant personalised conveyancing quote.
Our conveyancers help thousands of people just like you buy property every year with the minimum of stress. But don’t just take our word for it – click here to read some of the reviews of our conveyancing lawyers from our satisfied clients.
Your Conveyancing Solicitors will have provided you with a pre-contract report, which includes the contract. It is therefore crucial that you are fully aware of the process leading up to this.
Signing the Contract
- Once you exchange contracts with the vendor, you are legally obliged to complete the purchase. Equally, the vendor is legally obliged to complete the sale
- Signing the contract alone does not legally commit you, however you cannot be legally committed to buy unless you have signed the contract
- Your Conveyancing Solicitor will normally require a deposit from you and they will provide you with a report detailing how to pay this
- If you are selling and buying you may be able to use your buyer’s deposit to fund the deposit on your purchase
- You must tell your conveyancing lawyers the date that you would like to complete
- This must be a week day only but not a Bank Holiday
- The date must be agreed with your vendor and all other parties in the chain
- If you are selling, your buyer and any chain below them must also be consulted
- Your Solicitor will contact your vendor’s Solicitor to check agreement about proposed completion dates
- Your conveyancing lawyer requires 5-8 working days between exchange and completion to obtain mortgage funds from the lender, if appropriate. Your Solicitor must send a Certificate of Title to the lender to request the funds
- Sometimes your Solicitor can obtain the funds more quickly but this is not guaranteed
- The Conveyancing Solicitors agree to send each other the contract signed by their respective clients and you are committed from that point.
- There is no legal commitment until you exchange contracts, which is also important to consider should you need to give notice on rented accommodation, for example.
There are prescribed procedures and professional undertakings involved in the exchanging of contracts when you buy and/or sell a property.
Law Society Conveyancing Quality accreditation
When it comes to the best quality conveyancing, the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme is the recognised quality mark. The scheme is run by the Law Society itself and is a guarantee that your solicitors specialise in buying or selling property. Needless to say we have been members from day one.
So whether you are purchasing or selling a house or flat, make sure that you instruct a Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme
Looking for Specialist Conveyancing Solicitors To Help You Buy Or Sell Property In Wiltshire? Call us now
Our specialist conveyancing lawyers represent clients throughout Wiltshire from our offices in Salisbury and Amesbury. So when you instruct us, you can do so safe in the knowledge that we have the kind of real experience you can rely on.
Call us now on Salisbury (01722) 422300 or Amesbury (01980) 622922 for your fixed fee conveyancing quote.
For your FREE no obligation fixed fee quote from local Wiltshire solicitors, get in touch with us today.
- Call our property team on Salisbury (01722) 422300 and Amesbury (01980) 622922 OR
- E-mail us using the online enquiry form below
Bonallack and Bishop, Bonallack and Bishop
Rougemont House, Queensberry House,
Rougemont Close, 5 Salisbury Street,
SP1 1LY SP4 7AW
Our Salisbury Office