Taking on the responsibility of managing a block of flats, whether as a professional managing agents or as a property management company owned by the leaseholders, is not always easy. You need to make sure you’re fully aware of your rights and responsibilities.
That’s why you’re going to need specialist legal advice – whether it’s the preparation of legal documents or dealing with a tricky dispute.
Looking for FREE initial legal advice on a Block Management issue? Call us on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 for FREE initial phone advice – no strings attached.
How we can help you
Our expert team can provide specialist advice on a full range of of residential block management issues for management companies, managing agents, directors of RTM companies, property developers and court-appointed managers including;
- Approvals for Subletting
- Breach of lease issues
- Challenges to the Corporate Governance of Block Management Companies
- Collecting Arrears of Ground Rent and Service Charges
- Company Formation
- Court and First Tier Property Tribunal Representation
- Court appointed managers – Click here to read more about Court Appointed Property Managers
- Disputes between Managing Agents and Block Management Companies
- Disputes with Contractors
- Disputes with Leaseholders
- Disputes with Neighbouring Properties
- Drafting Shareholders Agreements and Articles of Association – Click here to find out more about why you need a shareholders agreement and what you should consider putting into it
- Employment Law
- Enforcement of Terms of the Lease
- Exercising the Right to Manage – Click here to read more about exercising your Right To Manage
- Freeholder leaseholder disputes – Click here to read more about Leaseholder Disputes.
- Freehold Purchase of Your Block – Click here to read more about Lease Enfranchisement.
- Health and Safety Prosecutions
- Landlord & Tenant Act Acquisition Orders- Click here to read more about Acquisition Orders
- Licences for Alterations
- Lease Extension – Click here to read more about Lease Extension
- Lease Forfeiture and Possession
- Lease Variation
- Negligence Claims Made against Property Management Companies
- Nuisance Actions
Is a Right to Manage Company the same as a Residents Management Company?
No, the 2 are entirely different.
Click here to read more about the difference between an RMC and RTM Company
Our approach to block management disputes
As a firm, we firmly believe that disputes are problems to be solved, not battles or legal arguments to be won. And we think that’s even more important when the parties involved continue to live side-by-side in the same property.
As a result we always offer practical and commercial advice when it comes to property management disputes – and we regularly advise the use of mediation where appropriate. But, where necessary, we are able to assist you in any application or defence in the First Tier Property Tribunal.
Click here to read more about how disputes in the First Tier Property Tribunal work.
We believe in creating a solution that suits you. So whether you are looking for a one-off piece of advice on pay-as-you-go rate or under a fixed fee, or whether you would prefer a long-term retainer, we can provide the kind of legal support and advice you need – at the right price.
Thinking of Appointing a New Property Managing Agent?
Want to know more about why you need a good managing agent and how to select the right one?
Click here to read an excellent article on the subject from the government supported Leasehold Advisory Service.
In addition, we regularly work with a variety of excellent and highly experienced professional block managers in various parts of the country. We would be happy to introduce you to 1 of them.
Block Management Issues? FREE initial phone advice
Whether you are an existing client or just have a legal query, we are always happy to provide free initial phone advice on any aspect of block management.
So don’t suffer in silence – if you have a legal problem in respect of block management, give one of our team a call today.