We have a property team of over 20 people and we represent people buying homes to live in and property developers and buy to let investors nationwide. The team offer;
- a FREE no obligation conveyancing quote
- fixed fee conveyancing fees
- no hidden extra costs
And you can be guaranteed of our quality – because as a CQS Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited law firm, we have the Law Society’s approved quality mark for the very best conveyancing solicitors.
Buying property in Wiltshire, Hampshire or Dorset or indeed nationwide? Contact us for a fixed fee quote now from our offices in Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Andover and Amesbury.
Click here to find out more about conveyancing, our specialist property services (including shared ownership conveyancing, new build conveyancing, buying property at auction and modern property auction, buying your council property under the right to buy scheme and equity release)and how our specialist team can help you buy or sell your property.
But don’t just take our word for it!
Here are just three of the testimonials we have had from people who really understand property – a national firm of will writers and two local and long established estate agents.
Click here to read more testimonials from happy clients about our conveyancing service.
“Having worked in the town as an estate agent over many years, I have dealt with many, if not all the practices in that time.
I have found B&B to be more than helpful and co-operative, going over and above in order to assist me in the sale but also looking after their clients best interests.
In trying times, communication is the key and the team at B&B have always kept me up to date and provided information at critical times that has enabled me to be as efficient as I can in my role between all parties.
They’re my first choice representatives for clients and the rapport with the team ensures a professional service from start to finish.
I’m looking forward to dealing with them with future sales and feel their clients will be in safe hands as we leave 2021 and embark on 2022.
Well done B&B”
David Dobson – Pearsons Estate Agents – Andover
“Bonallack and Bishop have continued to provide a flawless service for our Probate clients that together enable us to maintain our extremely high client satisfaction standards. We will continue to recommend their conveyancing services to our clients.”
Dean Steele – Steele Rose Legal Services
“I have always been very happy to recommend Bonallack and Bishop because of the good communication we have from the Conveyancing team as well as the helpful specialist departments such as Lease Extensions and the Family/Probate.”
David McKillop – McKillop & Gregory, Salisbury estate agents
“I have met many conveyance solicitors within my 24 years in estate agency and can count on one hand the ones who stand out, one of which is Louise Campbell.
My first encounter was when Louise was acting for a purchaser and I found her approach both professional and refreshing. It is a very difficult balance to deal with estate agents and clients in such a personable manner whilst being a so articulate in her work and efficient in the way she delivers the situation. Always willing to go that bit further than others within her field to ensure the clients are well represented I have no hesitation in recommending my clients to Louise Campbell” [NB Louise Campbell is head of our property team]
Richard Oliver – Bournes, Andover estate agents
What does my conveyancing quote include?
The work done by your conveyancing solicitor or licensed conveyancer depends on whether you’re buying or selling.
In brief however, here are what your conveyancing fixed fee will cover for these 2 different types of transactions:
- Buying land or property – your purchase transaction fee includes the following:
- reviewing the vendor’s solicitors’ sale pack and explaining any particular issues to you
- investigating the title – i.e. confirming what you’re actually buying including any different or unusual rights and responsibilities.
- carrying out a variety of searches – in addition to local searches, these may include water and drainage searches and coal mining searches
- raising what are known as “enquiries” – i.e. clarifying any details that are unclear or unexplained with the seller’s solicitors
- checking your mortgage offer (unless you’re a cash buyer) and liaising with your mortgage lender
- exchanging contracts – at this stage you are legally committed to buy
- completing the transaction – transferring the property into your name
- paying stamp duty (so referred to as SDLT or Stamp Duty Land Tax) and filing the stamp duty return
- registering your new property at the Land Registry
In addition, if you are buying with someone else then we will advise you on the 2 alternatives of ownership – joint tenants and tenants in common
- Selling property or land – your conveyancing quote includes the following:
- preparing the sales pack and draft contract along with the title documents and sending them to the purchaser’s solicitors
- reviewing the draft contact of sale
- answering any additional enquiries received from the purchaser’s solicitors
And in addition, if you’re selling leasehold house or flat, your solicitor will also need to provide additional information to the purchaser – with information about the management of the building.
NB your fixed fee conveyancing quote will NOT include the following;
- advice on any existing dispute – with the freeholder, neighbours or in relation perhaps to a boundary or party wall
- problems with leases that need to be corrected – e.g. lease extensions, and defective leases that need correcting
- tax advice – apart from routine advice on stamp duty