Buying a property or moving home is often said to be one of life’s most stressful events – but it doesn’t have to be, if you appoint the right conveyancing solicitor.
Conveyancing solicitor near me
Here at Bonallack and Bishop we are fortunate – as well as having a huge number of satisfied conveyancing clients who come back to us again and again (we open around 3500 cases across the firm every year), a number of local independent Andover-based estate agents regularly recommend us – and have done for many many years.
As a result, we have an efficient and effective relationship with such local estate agents – resulting in a high level of service for you, an significant reduction in stress for you throughout the whole conveyancing process.
How to choose your conveyancing solicitor?
But don’t have to use the Conveyancing Solicitor your estate agent recommends. Unfortunately, certain “corporate” estate agents can make you feel like there is no other option – that’s because the staff at many of the large corporate chains are on commission to make sure they make the “right” recommendation – which will never be to a local solicitor but instead to a conveyancing factory/call-centre, probably based hundreds of miles away with no knowledge of the local Andover and Hampshire market.
Some useful tips:
- Don’t rush or be pressured into any decisions regarding which lawyers you use
- Conduct your own research into which Estate agent and Conveyancing Solicitor to use, including looking online and getting recommendations from people you know
- When you choose a Conveyancing Solicitor, inform the Estate agent of your choice.
- Expect a personal, friendly and efficient service
- Make sure that you use a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited solicitor
What is Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation?
Law is getting increasingly complex – not least the law and practice involved in the purchase and sales of houses and flats [you would be surprised at the increase in the number of traps for the unwary – for example if the house your buying or selling has a solar panels attached to the roof].
That’s why it’s important that the solicitors you appoint really know what they’re doing – and the best way of checking that is, whether they are members of the right specialist panel.
When it comes to conveyancing, the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme is the recognised quality mark run by the Law Society itself for those solicitors who specialise in buying or selling property. And needless to say we have had it from the outset.
So if you are buying or selling a house or flat, make sure that you appoint a quality conveyancing solicitor who is a member of the Law Society scheme.
We are now 1 of just 3 law firms formally recommended by Progressive Property – the U.K.’s largest property education business.
How can help you
With the largest specialist property team of any local solicitors – now 22 strong – you can rest assured that when instructing Bonallack and Bishop with your move, you’ve got genuine experts on your side. We have the experience and know-how needed to help you with the purchase or sale of your house or flat.
Our team cover a full range of the issues that crop up when you move home including:
- Buying and Selling Houses and flats
- Joint Ownership/Transfer of Ownership
- Equity release – click here to find out more about what equity release involves
- Extending your lease – click here to find out more about lease extension
- Housing associations and share ownership – click here to find out more about shared ownership and staircasing
- Joint Ownership/Transfer of Ownership
- Property auctions – click here to read more about auction conveyancing
- Purchasing new build property – click here to read about the differences in buying a new build
And we also have two highly specialist teams acting not just for clients in Andover but nationwide;
- Lease extensions and buying your freehold – click here to find out more extending your lease or leasehold enfranchisement
- Our specialist property investor and buy to let team – click here to read more about our specialist property investment team
FREE Car Parking
Our Andover office has free car parking for our clients
Need Specialist Conveyancing Solicitors To Help You Buy Or Sell Property In Andover? Call us now
We are proud to have strong relationships with a number of local estate agents, who use us because of our high level of client service.
So whether you live in Andover itself, one of the villages or further down the Test Valley in Stockbridge, for conveyancing legal advice you can trust, and a FREE no obligation fee quote from local solicitors, contact us today.
- Call our property team on ANDOVER (01264) 364433 OR
- E-mail us using the online enquiry form below
If you’re thinking of visiting us, then please note that our Andover office moved in 2017. Our new address is;
Suite 1, Healey House, Dene Road, Andover, Hampshire SP10 2AA