CORONAVIRUS UPDATE FOR LANDLORD AND TENANT CLIENTS
Bonallack & Bishop renains open for business and hope to provide as near a full service as normal – for both existing and new clients.
To minimise the need for direct face-to-face contact, we are happy to run your case by phone, video call or email
Our landlord and tenant team have plenty of experience with all aspects of Landlord and Tenant Law, and the tenancy disputes that sometimes arise.
Our Lawyers advise a range of individual and corporate landlords – as well as managing agents, letting and estate agents, and property developers in respect of both commercial and residential properties – both locally throughout Wiltshire, Dorset and Hampshire from our four offices in Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Andover and Amesbury– and throughout England and Wales.
For FREE initial phone advice on any aspect of landlord law, just call our Lawyers on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 now.
Whether you’re just starting off with a single buy to let, or with you have a portfolio of residential or commercial property, there are going to be times when you have problems with tenants. And that’s where we come in – with practical, cost-effective and commercial advice tailored to suit your individual circumstances.
And our team has the expertise you need. But don’t just take our word for it.
1. We are one of just three law firms nationwide formally approved by Progressive Property – the country’s leading property education business
2. The head of our dispute resolution team, David Patterson, is a member of the Commercial Litigation Association (CLA) – the UK’s only national group dedicated to promoting the interests of all involved in business dispute resolution.
Landlords Solicitors – How we can help you
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured Shorthold Tenancies
- Block management disputes Click here to read more about how our property team support block management companies.
- Business lease termination and review
- Collective or leasehold enfranchisement. Click here to read more about lease enfranchisement.
- Dilapidation disputes
- Evicting tenants
- Ground rent disputes and debt recovery
- Lease forfeiture and possession
- Licence to alter/Licenses for work
- Leasehold extension work. Click here to read more about lease extension.
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Service charge disputes
- Title splitting
Specialist service for landlord and freeholders
Although, as you will see above, we provide a full range of legal services for landlords, there are 3 areas where the firm has exceptional specialism
- Acting for property investors. Within the firm we have set up a specialist team to act for property investors. This the team includes specialists in residential and commercial conveyancing, leasehold issues, property disputes, landlord and tenant issues, commercial agreements (such as Joint Ventures and loan agreements) and a specialist property tax accountant.
Click here to read more about our property investment team
- Lease extension and freehold purchase. The vast majority of property solicitors only come across lease extension, let alone enfranchisement, only occasionally. We have a specialist team dealing with nothing but lease extension and freehold purchase – and we complete over 350 lease extensions for both freeholders and leaseholders every year.
Click on the link to find out more about how we can help you with lease extension and freehold enfranchisement.
Advising Commercial Tenants
When it comes to renting a property for your business, you need to know where you stand and what you are taking on.
It’s particularly important that you understand the main terms of your lease – and that’s why any business taking on a commercial tenancy really needs specialist legal advice.
Here at Bonallack and Bishop we can provide the advice you need. We’ll make sure that the lease you sign is the right lease for you and we will fully explain its meaning to you in plain English so that you understand your new responsibilities from day one – because most of your new obligations will depend on exactly what it says in the lease, and commercial leases vary considerably from one to another.
Handling your Tenancy Dispute at the First-Tier Tribunal Property Chamber
As a landlord or property investor, things don’t always go is planned.
Sometimes disputes with tenants, or others, can be resolved simply by negotiation,
If not, with more expensive disputes, mediation is often the best way forward.
But sometimes the only alternative is a Tribunal application.
You can instruct us, safe in the knowledge that our leasehold team regularly deals with Tribunal applications – with a wide variety of property issues. These range from block management and lease extension disputes, to arguments about service charges and recovery of ground rent.
Click here to read more about how the First Tier Property Tribunal works.
FREE phone advice for landlords and freeholders
In our opinion, far too many landlords make unnecessary mistakes by going without specialist legal advice.
Don’t rely on an agreement downloaded from the Internet or borrow from a friend without getting it checked by a solicitor to see if it’s right for your particular circumstances. Cutting corners and relying on DIY legal documentation is becoming an increasing source of problems for landlord.
Getting these type of documents or the procedure wrong, can prove very expensive indeed. And what’s more, it’s largely unecessary.
Take advantage of our free phone legal advice and avoid an unnecessary risk to your business. You don’t even have to pay for the price of a phone call – just call our team on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544.