Our landlord and tenant team have plenty of experience with both the contentious and non contentious aspects of Landlord and Tenant Law.
Our Lawyers advise a range of individual and corporate landlord as well as managing agents, letting and estate agents, and property developers in respect of both commercial and residential properties – both locally throughout Wiltshire, Dorset and Hampshire from our four offices in Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Andover and Amesbury– and throughout England and Wales.
For FREE initial phone advice on any aspect of landlord law, just call our Lawyers on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 now.
Landlords – getting the right advice
Whether you’re just starting off with a single buy to let, or with you have a portfolio of residential or commercial property, there are going to be times when you have problems with tenants. And that’s where we come in – with practical, cost-effective and commercial advice tailored to suit your individual circumstances.
Landlords – How we can help you
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured Shorthold Tenancies
- Block management disputes
- Business lease termination and review
- Collective or leasehold enfranchisement
- Dilapidation disputes
- Eviction proceedings
- Lease forfeiture and possession
- Licence to alter/License for work
- Leasehold extension work
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Service charge disputes
- Title splitting
Specialist service for landlord and freeholders
Although, as you will see above, we provide a full range of legal services for landlords, there are 3 areas where the firm has exceptional specialism
- Acting for property investors. Within the firm we have set up a specialist team to act for property investors. This the team includes specialists in residential and commercial conveyancing, leasehold issues, property disputes, land lorf and tenant issues, commercial agreements (such as Joint Ventures and loan agreements) and a specialist property tax accountant. Click here to read more
- Lease extension and freehold purchase. The vast majority of property solicitors only come across lease extension, let alone enfranchisement, only occasionally. We have a specialist team dealing with nothing but lease extension and freehold purchase – and we expect to complete about 350 lease extensions for both freeholders and leaseholders in the next 12 months. Click on the link to find out more about how we can help you with lease extension and freehold enfranchisement.
Advising Commercial Tenants
When it comes to renting a property for your business, you need to know where you stand and what you are taking on.
It’s particularly important that you understand the main terms of your lease – and that’s why any business taking on a commercial tenancy really needs specialist legal advice.
Here at Bonallack and Bishop we can provide the advice you need. We’ll make sure that the lease you sign is the right lease for you and we will fully explain its meaning to you in plain English so that you understand your new responsibilities from day one – because most of your new obligations will depend on exactly what it says in the lease, and commercial leases vary considerably from one to another.
FREE phone advice for landlords and freeholders
In our opinion, far too many landlords make unnecessary mistakes by going without specialist legal advice.
Don’t rely on an agreement downloaded from the Internet or borrow from a friend without getting it checked by a solicitor to see if it’s right for your particular circumstances. Cutting corners and relying on DIY legal documentation is becoming an increasing source of problems for landlord.
And what’s more, it’s largely unecessary.
Take advantage of our free phone legal advice and avoid an unnecessary risk to your business. You don’t even have to pay for the price of a phone call – just call us on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544.