If you have had a failed vasectomy and have had to experience the difficulties associate with an unplanned pregnancy despite exercising your right to avoid this peril, then you should contact a specialist Medical Negligence Solicitor immediately. Our experts specialise in failed vasectomy cases and will be able to recover the full and fair amount of compensation you deserve expeditiously and cost effectively.
Such damages should cover a second vasectomy procedure as well as the problems associated with childbirth including the pain of delivery, the earnings lost through time off work and the funds needed to cover care costs if the child is born disabled.
Call or Email Us Now for Your FREE Specialist Medical Negligence Advice – free phone advice and a free first appointment. Call FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or locally on (01722) 422300
There are two main justifications for a failed vasectomy claim.
• The first is where the doctor performing the vasectomy makes an error which a competent professional would not make, causing the vasectomy to fail.
• The second is where the doctor does not tell the patient essential information about the procedure. In particular, failure to tell the patient that they must not have unprotected sex for 4 months (the period it takes for all sperm to be absent from semen) and that they must be tested before having unprotected sex in order to ensure that all sperm has gone.
If the doctor does not tell the patient this leading them to impregnate their partner within four months they may find themselves open to compensation claims. If you feel you have a medical negligence compensation claim based on either of these two grounds, you should contact our expert solicitors today who will be able to collect evidence in support of your case based on a thorough investigation.
Where patients have been told about the abstinence period and the vasectomy has still failed, surgical errors will be blamed. Doctors usually perform negligently by not using the fascial interpolation procedure which is almost guaranteed to successfully separate the two end of the vas deferens or by using a less complex procedure and failing to leave a big enough gap between the vas deferens which then reconnect and encourage sperm flow. In other cases doctors cut a ligament, incompetently mistaking is for the vas deferens.
No matter what type of medical negligence is to blame, victims deserve to be compensated.
The need for specialist medical negligence advice
We take accreditation very seriously. Our team are members of numerous specialist panels and associations. Our personal injury and medical negligence team are particularly well trained and specialist and are members of both the following panels;
• both the Law Society’s Personal Injury and Medical Negligence Panel
• the AvMA [Action against Medical Accidents] Solicitor’s Panel
Our advice – when you need to appoint a solicitor [especially in a field as complex as medical negligence claims], make sure you get the best – ensure that your solicitor is a genuine specialist and doesn’t dabble.
Click to find out more about making a Medical Negligence Claim
Call our Failed Vasectomy Compensation Claims experts on 01722 422300
Our medical negligence solicitors are experts in the field of failed vasectomy claims and can help recover the full and fair amount of compensation you deserve.
For FREE phone advice and a FREE no strings attached first appointment –
• Just call us on (01722) 422300 or FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 OR
• Or email our team for a phone call back at a time convenient to you by completing the contact form below