Salisbury Solicitors
Fordingbridge Solicitors
Amesbury Solicitors
Andover Solicitors
Freephone Number

Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims. Law Society Personal Injury Panel LogoSolicitors Specialising in Traffic Injury ClaimsRoad Traffic Accident Compensation Claims Solicitors. Law Society Personal Injury Panel Logo

Whether you were driving a passenger or a pedestrian, if you’ve been involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, your first priority will obviously be to get well and get over the stressful incident. And research shows that most road traffic accident claims involve drivers being injured in accidents which are the fault, or partial fault, of another road user.

And what’s more, it’s estimated that road traffic accidents make up the vast majority of personal injury claims in the UK

However, you may also want – or need – financial compensation to cover costs such as medical fees or time lost from work due to injury, and that’s where our  personal injury solicitors come in.

You can visit us at any one of our four offices inSalisbury, Fordingbridge, Andover and Amesbury.  We regularly run claims for road accident compensation throughout the south of England and in particular Wiltshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Berkshire and Gloucestershire.

Call us now for FREE initial phone advice, and a FREE initial first interview for all personal injury claims. 

Who Can Claim Compensation After A Road Traffic Accident?

Obviously each case is different, but generally, if you were involved in an accident that wasn’t at all your fault, you should be able to get compensation from someone.

Accidents could be caused by other vehicles or pedestrians, and even if the other driver failed to stop or was uninsured, you should seek legal advice about making a claim.

The potential financial cost of high medical bills and loss of earnings could merit compensation, and solicitors can arrange medical assessments to assist you with your claim.

As with all compensation claims, you will need to be able to prove that another person was at fault, so the more evidence and information you can gather at the scene, the better.

If you’re hurt as a result of a car running into the back of you, for instance, it’s obvious that you weren’t to blame for your own injury. Once the other side’s negligence has been proved, accident compensation usually follows.

Who do I claim against?

Who you make the claim against will depend on the circumstances of your particular accident.

If, for example, you were involved in a collision and weren’t driving (if you were a passenger), your claim will be made against the insurance company of the person either driving the vehicle you were in or the person who was driving another vehicle which was involved.

Sometimes – when responsibility is difficult to determine – it can end up being both drivers.

If, however, you yourself were driving the vehicle, you would make a claim against the insurance company of the person driving the vehicle which collided with you (the same goes if you were a pedestrian or motorcyclist who wasn’t at fault).

It is also worth enquiring about claiming compensation if you feel that dangerous road conditions such as ice, surface water or pot holes could have contributed to your road accident. Such hazards often result from professional negligence and you may be entitled to make a driver accident claim against the Highways Authority, who are responsible for safety on public roads and are obliged to “ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, that safe passage along a highway is not endangered by snow or ice”.

Your Road Traffic Accident Claims. Why You Need Expert AdviceRoad Traffic Accident Compensation Claims Solicitors. Car Injuries.

Claiming for compensation – even if the situation is fairly straight forward – can be incredibly complex, and for this reason, you’ll need to take the advice of a solicitor who specialises in accident claims. They can guide you through the entire process and can answer any questions you may have regarding the accident and how much compensation you’d be likely to get.

Can I claim compensation for a road traffic accident myself?

It’s not impossible to pursue a claim yourself, but it’s extremely ill-advised – a specialist accident claim solicitor represents your best chance of success, and will make the whole experience much less stressful.

And without a solicitor, you are unlikely to know the right level of compensation to press for – and if your case is a strong one, the insurer on the other side is likely to make an initial offer to you that is far too low. Our advice is simple. Always take specialist legal advice.

Claiming For Compensation –Your Next Step- find a Panel Accredited Injury Solicitor

Once you’ve decided you want to claim for accident compensation, your next step is to find a solicitor that is reasonably local to you, experienced, and knowledgeable in the area of claiming compensation for road traffic accidents. Our team have that experience – with membership of the Law Society personal injury panel, by instructing us here at Bonallack and Bishop you can rest assured that you are appointing an independently assessed genuine personal injury specialist.

Less than 0.3% of solicitors nationwide are specialist enough to have been granted membership of this prestigious panel.

Click here to read more about making an accident compensation claim

Free legal advice

Not only are our Personal Injury Solicitors accredited member of the specialist Law Society Personal Injury Panel – but we also offer a the following no strings attached free advice for all accident and medical negligence compensation claims

  1. FREE initial phone advice
  2. FREE first consultation

How can I fund my road accident compensation claim?

Provided your case is a strong one, our solicitors are happy to  help you with legal advice and representation under a ‘no win no fee’ agreement –  so you don’t have to worry about running up a big legal bill.

Want to know more about how no win no fee works – just click here.

I received an injury in a car park accident. Can I still claim compensation?

The answer is yes. However, to make a successful claim, you will have prove that your injuries were caused by a lack of care or negligence on behalf of the car park management. Any car park which is managed by a restaurant, supermarket or a sports venue amongst any other type of business is liable in the event that you received an injury on their premises.

Car park injury claims can be complex because to receive compensation you have to show how it is that you slipped, tripped or fell. As a result, you may have to provide evidence that the car park management neglected their responsibilities in removing or clearing any hazards which may have caused the accident. Remember, car park management companies will be looking to avoid responsibility wherever possible.

How long will it take to settle my claim?

There are no hard and fast rules for this, as each claim is different and is settled on its own merits. However, the process is much faster than it used to be.

This is a considerable tightening up of timescales, when it could take anything up to three months before the other side even made a statement about their liability.

A faster claim is obviously much less stressful for all concerned, and it’s not unusual for  simple injury compensation claims where responsibility for causing the accidents is immediately accepted, to now be settled within a couple of months.

So if you have been involved in a no fault road accident – contact us today to see if you could be entitled to claim compensation  – you have nothing to lose.

Considering a Personal Injury Claim? Make an enquiry with us today.

Please be aware that strict time limitation periods apply to all types of Accident Compensation claims. So don't delay getting in touch with a Solicitor specialising in injury claims cases or you risk losing the compensation to which you are entitled.

For FREE phone advice and a free first interview with expert Personal Injury Solicitors you can trust, simply:

    Contact us
    Contact Method:CallEmail